Honey Beef Lettuce Wraps
We found this recipe on Creme De La Crumb. "Easy, completely delicious Honey Beef Lettuce Wraps with sweet and savory Asian flavors. Whip them up in about 20 minutes for a tasty appetizer or main dish!"
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 3-4 as a main dish, or up to 8 as an appetizer
- 3/4-1 pound very thin-cut beef (I used a carne asada cut)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup canned water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 1 head butter lettuce
- sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- Finely chop beef into 1/4-inch pieces. Drizzle a large skillet with sesame oil, then combine beef, mushrooms, carrots, and water chestnuts and stir over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes until meat is mostly browned.
- Stir together soy cauce, hoisin sauce, honey, rice vinegar, garlic, ground ginger, and crushed red pepper flakes. Stir sauce into beef and vegetable mixture and saute over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions. Scoop beef mixture into butter lettuce leaves and serve.