Easy Roasted Herb Chicken
We found this recipe on Little Broken. "Ridiculously easy and foolproof oven roasted chicken drumsticks. Seasoned perfectly with a mixture of dried herbs and then roasted until golden crisp on the outside and melt in your mouth tender inside. This is a family favorite every single time!"
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 2 lbs. chicken drumsticks, pat dried with paper towel
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. If using aluminum foil, lightly coat with non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together all of the spices and set aside.
- Place the chicken drumsticks into a large bowl. Make sure they have already been pat dried with a paper towel. Add olive oil and using your hands, toss to coat.
- Sprinkle in the seasoning mix and using your hands again, toss the drumsticks making sure each piece is thoroughly coated with the seasoning.
- Arrange the drumsticks on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes. Then flip the drumsticks and roast for additional 25-30 minutes. If desired, broil for 2-3 minutes for extra crispy skin.