We found this recipe on A Gouda Life. "Pan seared salmon topped with a creamy cucumber-dill sauce made all in one skillet. Simple enough for weeknights, elevated enough to entertain with."
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Olive oil
- 3-4 salmon filets
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lemon cut in 6 wedges
- 1/3 cup English cucumber cut in pea size cubes
- 4 oz light or Greek yogurt cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill minced
- 1/4 cup + an additional 2-3 tablespoons of skim milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Using an oven-safe skillet, drizzle olive oil into the pan and warm over medium heat.
- Pat moisture from salmon using a paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
- Sear the salmon on both sides (if your salmon has the skin on, sear only on side w/o skin) then squeeze the juice from one lemon wedge over the top of the salmon pieces.
- Bake the salmon 6-8 minutes or until it is firm and cooked through.
- Remove the salmon from the pan onto a serving platter and on top of the stove over low-medium heat, add the milk and cream cheese to the same skillet then season with salt and pepper.
- Using an 'S' motion, combine 1/4 cup of the skim milk and cream cheese (if the mixture is too thick, add more milk one tablespoon at a time).
- Turn off the heat and stir in the diced cucumber and ONE tablespoon of the fresh dill. Spoon the creamy dill sauce over the salmon filets.
- Garnish with the additional dill and serve with a lemon wedge.