Brown Butter Seared Haddock With Mustard Cream Sauce
We found this recipe on Cooking for Keeps. "This super easy dinner comes together in under 30 minutes, and couldn't be more delicious...."
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 haddock filets
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- ¼ cup + ⅛ cup heavy cream
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1½ cups quartered cremini mushrooms
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1½ cups trimmed fresh green beans
- ½ tsp. salt
- Season haddock filets with salt and pepper.
- Heat a medium saute pan to a medium-high heat. Add fish. Sear until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes, flip and brown on the other side, another 3 minutes.
- Remove the fish from the pan and set aside. Add shallot to the pan. Saute for 2 minutes or until softened. Add the mustard, heavy cream, and salt, bring to a simmer. Add the fish back to the pan and simmer the sauce until thickened, about 1-2 minutes. Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Heat a medium saute pan to a medium-high heat. Add olive oil. Add mushrooms. Cook 2-3 minutes or until mushrooms are brown. Add garlic, green beans and salt. Saute until green beans are bright green and slightly softened, but still have a bite to them. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve fish with veggies. Spoon sauce on top.